Monday, December 22, 2008

New Year


Since I don't like Christmas, I ignored it...Gotta be real!

I am excited to move on from last quarter. The subject matter in the first quarter, keeping in mind the part that was structured, was not compelling or intellectually stimulating.

However, I learned a bunch of Mexican history, specifically, by learning about the Bracero program, which was a labor agreement in the US from 1942 through 1964. Due to independent research, I learned a bit about my great grandfather's experience. Great Grandpa Joaquin migrated out of Mexico into the US, through this "legitimized" transnational labor agreement after he and mi familia were uprooted and kicked out (back to Mexico) due US policy in 1931.

So,the first quarter is complete. I look forward to my new classes with my two favorite professors. I see a ray of light that I will follow into a brighter future w/ my "tiny me".
Together we can make it through anything. Hahaha!

No comments: